Call for Prizes for the AIIS Project Challenge Activity
This page is dedicated to the Medical Students that want to participate in the “AIIS Learning Program”. In this page you will find information about the:
- training program,
- criteria of participation
- benefits from the participation
- how to register to the program
- training platform AIIS EduVerse
- project AIIS
What is the AIIS Learning Program?
The AIIS Learning Program is a holistic approach to training medical students in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Soft Skills. These courses will be taught in English and include:
- audio-visual material (in English),
- presentations (in English),
- exercises (in English) and
- support material in English, Spanish, French, Finish and Greek.
The training is conducted digitally through the AIIS EduVerse that was designed and developed specifically for this training program.
The training consists of 2 main courses:
- Artificial Intelligence and
- Soft Skills.
The courses related to AI aim to introduce students to new technologies and also to the implementation of AI in medicine.
The second part of the course is dedicated to those skills that all health professionals must have.
The choice of courses is not random as it was made after a survey of 400 medical students and professors which was conducted in the five universities participating in the AIIS project.
You can see the entire results presentation here.
This educational program was developed on the occasion of the AIIS project aiming to prepare the doctors of the future for the new era of medicine.
Is AIIS Learning Program for me?
“AIIS Learning Program” is dedicated to medical students and ideal for -but not limited to- students in their 2nd or 3rd year of study.
More specifically, for this time period the program is limited to the medical students of the:
- University of Salamanca
- Turku University of Applied Sciences
- University of Mons
- University of Turku
- University of Thessaly
If you are coming for a different one you can not participate for this time period. But please, stay tuned though for future news and outcomes for the AIIS Project, follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and subscribe to our Newsletter.
What are my benefits?
The benefits by your participation in the AIIS Learning Program are multiple, but here we highlight some of them:
- Be one of the first to be educated on Artificial Intelligence in medicine,
- Cultivate the Soft Skills you will need to apply in practicing medicine,
- Network with 5 international universities, professors and medical experts in Europe,
- Familiarize yourself with the use of new technologies such as Virtual Reality,
- Gain recognition in professional networks (conferences, LinkedIn, etc.) if you wish,
- Become part of the future of medicine,
and many more!
How can I participate?
The registrations for the participation of students on the AIIS Learning Program is closed!
On Wednesday 19/10/2022 the already registered students will receive the email with the link and information to join the AIIS EduVerse!
The next steps in order to take part and conclude the training that you can take soon are:
- Until Wednesday 19/10 check the videos and guide:
- Study Guide
- Intro to AIIS Learning Program
- Intro to AI Modules
- Intro to Soft Skills Modules
- Intro to Challenges
- Intro to Challenges Platform
- Intro to AIIS EduVerse
- On Wednesday 19/10 you will receive an email containing:
- your registration token for the AIIS EduVerse
- the download file for the installation of AIIS EduVerse
- Then you will install the AIIS EduVerse as described on the intro videos
- And that's it... start learning!
- Enrolment Closing Date: 14th October 2022
- Starting Date of AIIS Learning Program: 19th October 2022
- Ending Date of AIIS Learning Program: 19th December 2022
- Starting Date of AIIS Challenges: 7th November 2022
- Ending Date of AIIS Challenges: 19th December 2022
The AIIS Learning Program will be hosted on the AIIS EduVerse which is a virtual environment platform, specially designed for this program, and accessible through your PC using mouse and keyboard or a Virtual Reality (VR) headset.
It is available for Windows and you can find the instructions for the installation here (from minute 18:20).
Material for the Students
- Check the Students Guide here
- Check the 1st Intro Video to the AIIS Learning Program
- Check the Intro to AI Modules
- Check the Intro to Soft Skills Modules
- Check the Intro to Challenges
- Check the Intro to Challenges Platform
- Check the Intro to AIIS EduVerse